Gingko Desktop is now ready for testing.
Here are a few quick facts about it:
- Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Is based on files, so all your data is stored locally.
You can open, save, and sync (through services like Dropbox).
- Persistent Undo/Redo
- Export to JSON (so you can import into gingkoapp.com)
- Export as text/Markdown
- Visual changes, to increase the contrast, as well as other tweaks.
What it can’t do yet is:
- Sync trees across devices.
- Real-time collaboration.
- Many other features missing as compared to gingkoapp.com (such as tags, search, focusing on one subtree, LaTeX etc.)
I need volunteers willing to test it on various platforms.
If you’re willing to try it out, please
get in touch with me sign up at the form above.
I’ll be making wider announcements as I continue to iterate on this.